Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Naughty Sister


Sorry, guys - but this one wouldn't fit on the kid quotes I have on the side. There is too much background and aftershock.

It all started last night at bedtime.

As I was grudgingly cleaning the girls' room, I discovered that Mackenna had switched dresses on her build-a-bears. Turlee was wearing Lila's dress, and Lila was nowhere in sight. "If Turlee is wearing Lila's dress, what's Lila wearing?" Mackenna responded with a tone that suggested the answer was beyond obvious, "Oh, well - Lila's naked because she was a bad sister."

If I was disturbed last night, it got worse this morning when she elaborated. "Sometimes I hit her on the head like this" (she demonstrates) "when she is naughty.....like when she asks for something every five minutes."

I think my kids are going to need therapy.

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

I shouldn't be laughing right? Or is it ok that I just spit diet coke out my nose?

Sarah E Boucher said...

Oh the joys of being the middle child and having NO control on, you know, nobody. Because the baby and the oldest one get all the attention. Poor little monkey. I shall remember to tickle her more the next time I go :)

Anonymous said...

it's okay misty, we all need some form of therapy or another in our lives, that's what siblings are for...(to split the costs!). I am having serious cake cravings these last few days, but know that I desperately need to have some self control. Today was fun, I hope that more weeks have that great of a turn out!

Amy Sue said...

I love my Kenna Jane. She is such a silly monkey! I miss her to pieces!!!