Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Being Five"



BEING FIVE by Dennis Lee
I’m not exactly big,
And I’m not exactly little,
But being five is best of all
Because it’s in the middle.
A person likes to ride his bike
Around the block a lot,
And being five is big enough
And being four is not.
And then he likes to settle down
And suck his thumb a bit,
And being five is small enough,
But when you’re six you quit.
I’ve thought about it in my mind -
Being five, I mean -
And why I like it best of all
Is ‘cause it’s In Between.

This is a poem someone emailed me a while back. I think it is precious. It kind of goes with the whole kindergarten theme, even though Emma is almost 6. Here are some pics of Emma on her first day!

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

She is precious! I love that girl and she will love kindergarten! For sure!

Misty said...

she keeps talking about hadley and missing her too!

Amy Sue said...

My baby is growing up!