Saturday, August 25, 2007

Go Blue Alligators!

Well, let's just say that I am NOT a soccer mom yet! I spent most of the morning looking like I had a sign on my forehead that read "first soccer game of first child". It was fun though. Next time I need to remember sunscreen so I don't have tomato-head children, as well as snacks for Mackenna since Emma already gets the team ones. Maybe then one of her screaming fits can be avoided! (That will still leave about 3). What can I say? I guess I had unrealistic expectations about how things would be with my girls when they got home from the Lake. I didn't expect perfection; but I did expect at least 24 hours to go buy without any major conflict or "I'm going to beat you"s. Looking back I think I should've expected more rather than less confrontation, as the girls have been out of my jurisdiction for a week and aren't used to my structure, or taking orders from me, anymore. In Sean's defense he did a wonderful job. The girls are both here, alive, NOT covered in 3rd degree sunburns, and well-fed. They even brushed their teeth every day. Aside from being a tad water-logged and Emma having extremely dry/burned/chapped lips and cold sores, they came home pretty normal! I am so thankful to him for largely giving up his vacation to share it with the girls and leave me home for a bit of peace! He didnt' get to wakeboard, read, or sleep in nearly as much as he usually does at the lake, but he doesn't seem resentful of that either. As for me, I am definitely battling some bacterial thing. The trips to the bathroom are frequent when I stop taking medicine, and now I am dead tired and lethargic on top of it all! I think I will visit the doc on Monday. Later!

9 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I can just imagine her and Hadley out there playing together! So cute.

little miss shortcake said...

love the pom-poms!

Bethany said...

Hey Misty! I saw your blog link on the Jim and Sue Family blog. I hope you don't mind that I added it to my blog. It is fun to see what you guys are up to.

Misty said...

bethany of course i don't mind. we still need to get together for dinner!

Misty said...

heather, how do you afford dance and soccer and swimming?? holy cow! i just checked on the price of ballet lessons for emma and they are so expensive! we won't be able to afford it until the girls are done with swimming probably.

Misty said...

carrie, the only problem with the pom-poms was that mackenna threw a fit she didn't have one!

KickButtMommy said...

Misty, Hadley's dance class is only $25 a month, a girl in the stake teaches (that is WAY cheap compared to most). Swimming is the same, a boy in our ward teaches private lessons for $10. Soccer is the only thing I pay full price for, that and piano. Anwyay, most of the classes are just for a period of time. The only things they are in consistently are Gymnastics for Hadley ($65/mo) and Piano for Christian ($90/mo). That is a lot of money, but we decided it would be a priority for us!

Amy Sue said...

Does Emma sit on the grass and pick daisies like I did when I played soccer?

Mandee said...

Speaking of bacteria...I just battled it myself.