Saturday, August 18, 2007

Meteors


Well I got Sean and the girls off to Lake Powell. Emma got a little emotional when I put her in the car at 4:00 a.m. on Thursday - luckily I was too tired to cry due to a 6-month-old keeping me up 3 nights in a row. Oh, and the night before that I stayed up for a meteor shower that wasn't worth the loss of sleep! I only saw two impressive ones, the rest were very faint shooting stars; and I spent most of the night laying on my trampoline fighting my cat off as he kept attacking my feet. Finally I decided I had had enough claws and craning my neck to get the best view of the sky, and went to bed. If I had known I wouldn't get a good night's sleep for 3 more nights, I would have made the most of that first night! I am at Dionne's right now and it is very peaceful without my girls around - but I am starting to miss them. Yesterday Dionne and I went to IKEA - bad....very bad. I went there to buy a $10 tent for my kids and walked out $30 later, with 4-50 cent dish towels, 3-50 cent animals for my kids, 1-$2 garbage can for my office, 1-$13 bath mat, and the tent. Good thing it is all the way in Draper! Today Dionne and I are going to see "Becoming Jane" (sorry Heather!) at 4:00 and then going to dinner. It will be a fun girls' day out. Spencer has started doing this absolutely adorable thing - I'll have to see if I can video it and get it on here somehow. He catches your eye and starts shaking his head (like saying no). Then if you do it back to him he does it back to you and it is like you are communicating. It is the cutest thing. He is also sitting up wonderfully now. Right now he is in the middle of a long nap - amazing! Another great morsel of news - I have lost another 4 pounds! That makes 10 total since May - YAY!!! I have about 10 more to go before I am completely satisfied, but I am very happy. Imagine what I could do if I started exercising faithfully and gave up soda alltogether!

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Sounds like a fun weekend and I am so jelous you get to see that movie. I am dying to see it.

Great job on the weight!

little miss shortcake said...

sounds like fun! i love ikea and can't wait to see the jane movie!

Misty said...

heather, i didn't get to see it. maybe it is my punishment for going without you! hey, if i have a jane austen costume party sometime will you come??? just kidding.

Mandee said...

I told Dallan I was going to give up soda in hopes of me loosing the 5 pounds I gained since moving to Rexburg. But I can't seem to do it. If I gave up the one thing I love I think I would go crazy. I mean no trips to Maverick for a cold beverage? Nope, I will just think of another way to loose the 5 pounds.