Monday, August 6, 2007

Get with the times!

So I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon here! Journaling is something I need to do every day for my own emotional health; i just feel overwhelmed by all the details i haven't included. That is just the perfectionist in me i guess. Anyway, what's new? We have a cat now. It is a kitten, probably about 10 weeks old. He is white with black spots here and there, and a black tail. We named him patches, although the kids keep changing his name to spots. Anyway, the girls are out back with him every spare minute. They sling him over their shoulders or carry him around like a baby doll and he just flops. It is funny. We are also in our final week of swimming lessons after 4 weeks straight!! I am relieved. The girls go to Lake powell next week with Sean, and I am headed to Dionne's for 3 days. It will be a nice break, just me and the baby. Then I am picking up my mom on my way home. She will be staying for 3-4 days and then sean and the girls will get home. Sean is scheduled to take the NCLEX (nursing boards) next wednesday. That is about all for updates - now for those dreaded details: Spencer woke up every two hours all night last night. I am so tired! But after just having had my midday caffeine i can't take a nap. The girls woke up and Mackenna started yelling at Emma, as usual (she's not much of a morning person). So i told them to go watch t.v. and not to go outside to play with the cat until i got up. Well, darned if they didn't go outside right after the first show was over on disney channel. So i poked my head out the back door and told them to come in quite nicely and patiently....okay, so i yelled at them to come in.....and of course Emma blamed her younger sister for the fact that they were out there and when I told Kenna to come in she yelled her usual "I'm scared!!!" which is her way, in all her 3-year-old glory, of rebelling. So i marched outside in just my garment top to haul her butt in the house. Fun!!! Anyway, not much else for details. I read some books to the girls today while Spencer cried that he wasn't being held. Sometimes I just think "someone throw me a bone here!" I just need to take more time to look at my girls and remember the things i love about them. Motherhood is much more of a joy when I do!

4 comments:

Amy Sue said...

I love the "I'm scared" comment! She did that to me when I watched the kids that one morning when I was up there in April. If you get sick of your kids, you can send them to California. They have an aunt here who misses them!!!

Amy Sue said...

P.S. Cute kitty!

kelly l said...

hey misty, found your site thru the pulsipher thru amy thru laura. did that make sense? so i'm pretty sure you're the only one who has crazy kids. welcome to having three kids. it's fun isn't it. ella locked me out of the house when drew was like a month old and i had to hop the fence to get back in. we need to see you guys sometime.
kelly

Sue said...

Hey Misty,
You should try 4 kids under the age of six. The boys were always making forts in their bedroom and trapping Amy in them. They also liked to get every toy out and spread them throughout the house while I was ignoring them and working on a sewing project....the things a mom has to do to remain sane! We'll miss you at the Lake, but by the time we all get home, you'll be missing your family!
Love, Mom