Sunday, August 12, 2007

Flying Kites

Well, today was a really good day. I was dreading Church because Sean was working, but surprisingly, the kids were really good. We don't have to bribe Mackenna to go to nursery anymore; she's decided it's not outer darkness after all. We had a small mishap after church; Spencer took a nosedive off my bed. I felt so bad! I turned my back for a split second to move a bucket of laundry to the floor and in that amount of time he rolled over and landed face first on the carpet. I took him with me downstairs to get his binky and calm him down, and when I came back up to my room Emma was saying a prayer for him. She said "Mom, I asked Heavenly Father to heal Spencer." It was one of those precious moments when you realize your children are absorbing some of the good you try to teach them. Anyway, the kids and I took a nap in my bed and then we had a Star Wars (or as Kenna calls it "Star Horse") moviethon. Then we had dinner and went out to the front yard. The kids and I ate popsicles while Spencer stared unabashedly at mine until I took pity on him and let him slobber all over it. Then the kids played with the bubble blower and the cat watched them chase bubbles and then wrestled with a tree. After Sean got home we took the girls out front and tried to fly their kites (it got windy all of a sudden). Now I am just killing time until midnight when I can go check out the meteor shower everyone keeps talking about. I got a telescope for my birthday, so I have been a stargazing fool this summer. In fact I have several scars on my legs from a mosquito ambush and my consequent scratching for about 2 weeks after.

12 comments:

little miss shortcake said...

what a nice afternoon - we love flying kites!

KickButtMommy said...

I would go to church EVERy week if someone bought me happy meals! :)

Mandee said...

I miss the days of old when I could go to church and actually sit reverently and listen. Some days I wonder why I even bother but as soon as I start thinking that I immediately feel guilty. I did take Madelyn to primary to help her read a scripture. As soon as she saw me she introduced me as her "really special mom" which made me want to cry. I guess it is moments like those that make up for all the bad.

Mandee said...

By the way why am I not listed on your blogs to visit? It better be an oversight! And yes whoever helped you with you blog did a very nice job, I only wish mine looked as cute.

KickButtMommy said...

I love the pic of you and girls!

little miss shortcake said...

that is a really cute picture of you and the girls!

geez, i feel like such a stalker - i keep doing double comments on your posts!

Misty said...

carrie, you are not a stalker, i like your comments! i just don't spend enough time on here to look at everyone's blogs all the time!

Misty said...

mandee, it is an oversight, trust me! i can't remember the link to yours and my friend heather is the one who said up my links anyways. email it to me and i will add it! i know what you mean about the church thing - i feel that way so often.

Misty said...

heather, i know the happy meal thing is bad!i am glad we are over that phase though. she goes now without anything. sometimes i wonder if we did the wrong thing, but i wouldn't have gone to church at all in those early days after we had spencer with sean working if she wasn't in nursery. by the way, my friend mandee said she wished her blog was as cute as mine!

KickButtMommy said...

I added Mandee's link for you! If you want me to butt out of your blog anytime.....just say the word! :) You just click on her name (by her comment) and it shows you her profile and her blog address!)

Mandee said...

I am glad you haven't forgotten about me! The address is
www.dallanandmandee.blogspot.com. I will email it to you too! I love reading your posts. I hope to see you soon.

Kimberly said...

What a fun day!