Monday, August 20, 2007

SOME VACATION!

So much for my long-awaited girls' weekend with my best friend, Dionne. It started out well; we met up Friday and went to IKEA and had lunch. Things were fine until Saturday morning, when I started getting sick......let's just say I was making frequent visits to the bathroom. Saturday we had planned to go see "Becoming Jane" and go to dinner at our favorite haunt, Applebees. We ended up getting to the theatre 10 minutes after the movie was supposed to start to buy tickets due to a train stalled on the tracks and blocking every rational route to the mall. The movie was sold out by then. So we decided to see Hairspray instead. Pretty funny, John Travolta as a 300 pound mother in a sequin dress. Anyway, this is how it went: sat down at 4:27.....endured 9 minutes of singing hot dogs and not-so-discreet hints to turn off cell phones....movie began at 4:35....Dawson and Spencer taking turns deciding they didn't like musicals.....Dawson dropping his binky on the grimy theatre floor - under the chairs in front of us......given him Spencer's spare binky.....Spencer dropping his binky......me fishing under the chair for Dawson's and taking the spare back from Dawson for Spencer.....both babies finally asleep by the end of the move, at which time I was so nauseated that we decided to go home and make chicken noodle soup. The next day I spent sleeping and running to the bathroom intermittently. At least being dehydrated I lost another 3 pounds saturday night! Now I am home and starting the Halloween costume venture as I have to make 5 this year. I picked up my mom this morning and she is staying to help me - she will be going back Thursday morning. At least I got to spend the weekend with my very best friend, even if she was changing Spencer's diapers for me and making me comfort food the whole time! I love you, Di!

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

What a terrible weekend. I am glad you weren't on the boat! Looks like Sean's family isn't the only ones who got sick.

little miss shortcake said...

i'm so sorry your break didn't go better! at least you only had the 1 instead of all 3 kids, though!

Mandee said...

I guess the upside is you lost 3 pounds (sad thing is you probably didn't need to loose any in the first place)! What are you doing for costumes? I haven't even thought about it. I am just impressed that you take the time to make them.

Kimberly said...

Too bad you were sick during the fun weekend with your friend. It seems like no matter how hard you try, babies always drop their binky on the disgusting floor right when you need it most. What are your kids going to be for Halloween?

Misty said...

mandee, i did need to lose some, actually!i've probably gotten it all back now that i'm better though. we are doing a star wars theme this year. you can read my latest comment for the list of who is what!

Misty said...

kim, how are you? i have to say i hate the clearfield aquatic center now! anyway, we are doing a star wars theme this year - i am going to put a little blurb in here about it!