Thursday, August 23, 2007

Use the Force

Well a few of you have asked why I am starting on my Halloween costumes so early, and what they are. This year our whole family is doing a Star Wars Halloween. Since I have only done 1 costume for Emma in the past (and usually bought Kenna's) I decided I needed to use the week the girls were gone to get a head start. Luckily my mom is here visiting and she has done probably more than half of the work! If it wasn't for her help I think I would've gotten discouraged about the time I started Sean's cape and given up. Anyway, Sean will be a Jedi, I will be Padme, Emma will be Leia, Kenna wants to be Yoda, and Spencer will be an Ewok. I think we will have a Halloween party this year for friends and family - otherwise no one will see all my hard work! Here is a picture of the costume I will be wearing. I had to include Anakin because he is the hottest Jedi ever - until Sean is one for Halloween! On a different note, Sean and the girls got home last night around 10:00 p.m. Mackenna came creeping in the back door and just stood there and smiled until I picked her up. Emma soon followed and for the next hour I loved on the girls and Sean held Spencer and watched all the new things he's been doing (ya-ya-ya-ya-ya.....shaking his head no at everything......wrinkling his nose like a pug and breathing out of his nose so he sounds congested......and to my ultimate dread - trying to get on his hands and knees). I am glad to have my family back and things back to normal. Emma starts soccer on Saturday and kindergarten on Thursday. Summer is over now, I guess!

9 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I wanna come, I wanna come! You are the master at cool costumes.

Mandee said...

That costume is HOT and you are a much braver than I ever could be. But then again if I looked like you I too could wear something like that! A Halloween party is a great idea maybe I will do one as well. Too bad we don't live closer. You will definately have to post pictures of the family all dressed up.

little miss shortcake said...

you'll have to make sure and get a picture of everyone in their costumes to show us! how fun!

Jenn said...

you go!! I've told the kids they needed to tell me what they want to be for Halloween so i can get started. I also told them I need their Christmas lists!! It's time to get started!
(can i add you to my blog?)

Misty said...

jenn, of course you can add me to your blog. it is good to hear from you too!

Misty said...

heather, i was thinking it would be so fun one time to have a jane austen ball where everyone dresses up! if i ever get brave enough maybe i'll do it for when you'll be in utah or something!

Misty said...

mandee, you are beautiful - you always have been! i always wished i looked like you when we were mission buddies anyway! if you feel like driving a couple hours you guys could come to our little fette.

Misty said...

carrie, i will definitely post pics of halloween on here - i can't let all that work go to waste!

Kimberly said...

Your family is going to look so cute for Halloween! I wish my kids would dress up using one theme. Each of my kids wants to be something entirely different.