Friday, August 10, 2007

Let's play Shreckers!

I guess I'd better post again as it has been 4 days! I am considered a less-active member now, I guess. One thing is for sure; having all my journaling posted helps me be more positive. Well, we are finally done with swim lessons! 4 weeks straight and a stomach flu-diarrhea bout later. I think we all got some kind of bacterial thing from the pool or something. All my kids got it and Brooke and Ryan got it too, and they had a mommy and me class. On the upside, Spencer has finally decided that pureed food isn't so bad after all - halelujah! So, we started Christmas shopping today. Not really on purpose. They had a shrek game set on clearance with checkers, dominoes, card games, etc. Emma loves checkers so i first thought of it for her - but Mackenna is obsessed with Shrek. So we decided to get it for her. We were very sneaky about the whole thing ("you underestimate my sneakiness, sir"); I paid for it and took it to the car while Sean had all 3 kids (YES!) in another section of the store. Then on the way home we moved Kenna to the back row so we could pick up Emma's friend - and when we took a turn a little too fast it fell on Kenna. She said "Look! the Shreckers game!". Guess we won't be telling her Santa brought it afterall. Here is a picture of Emma and her friend Julia and a picture of Spencer sitting up in the grass. That is our new evening activity since he gets bored in the house. He loves to sit in the grass and pull it out and try to eat it.

13 comments:

little miss shortcake said...

how old is spencer?
hope you don't mind i added a link to your blog on my blog...

Misty said...

carrie i don't mind at all! he is 6 months now. your kids are exact replicas of you and darren by the way (not sure if i spelled his name right).

KickButtMommy said...

So cute! He is getting big already. How does it go by so fast? Shrekers? I love it.

Amy Sue said...

Do we get to play Shekers at the lake? ;)

Misty said...

sorry amy, kenna is getting it for christmas. but you can play a certain kind of hockey with justin - just not in front of the kiddies!

Misty said...

heather, i love what you did with my blog. you are truly a diva! thank you for spending your free time helping a techologically challenged person.

little miss shortcake said...

yep - they even replicated our personalities. kylie is such a mini-me we butt heads ALL the time. and walter is such a little darren.

love the pics of your monkeys! very cute!

Misty said...

carrie, it must be a 1st child-mother thing. emma and i are very alike also and we power struggle several times a day!

Amy Sue said...

The only thing Justin and I have to say to your hockey comment is "WOW"!

Tece said...

love the 'blog ! guess i'll have to give you the link to mine.

love,
mom

Jenn said...

Hey Misty-- just found your blog on Kims. Hope you don't mind. Just wanted to say HI!! Miss you guys! Your kids are getting so big-- and when did you have your little guy?? Where are you living now?

Misty said...

jenn, we had spencer in january; he is 6 months old now. we are living in clearfield, ut, which is pretty much in layton. we miss having sean's family close and we miss having a pool, but other than that we love it here!

Mandee said...

I am sad that the days of buying presents from "Santa" are over. Madelyn's birthday is Thursday and we bought her a scooter. She has now seen the box three times but I just keep telling her it is empty. Lucky for me she is gulliable. I guess I better get better at hiding. By the way Misty I haven't given up on the missionary reunion it is just that August is killing me!!!