Sunday, July 27, 2008

24th at Lagoon



So my family came up from Elsinore for the 24th, and we invited ourselves to go to Lagoon with them. I was pretty worried about how the kids (particularly Spencer) would do there. Especially since we were planning on staying for fire works. Give me a break, the kid goes to bed by 7 p.m. usually. Aside from only being able to go on a handful of rides, he did fine. He didn't get fussy until we sat down to wait for fireworks. Anyway, it was a good day. I have a million pictures thanks to my mom and sister, but there are too many to choose from, and I'm sure you're not all that interested in another slideshow anyway!


Friday was fun too. We went to see The Dark Knight with my parents, and left the bratties with my brothers and sister. Let me just say it is sweet justice. I used to babysit them when they were brats (what do you mean when?), and now they got to babysit mine. If all goes well, my brats will be babysitting their brats too. The movie was good. I didn't like it as much as Batman Begins, though. Heath Ledger's acting was definitely Oscar material though. So sad that he is gone.

Saturday I was at Day Camp with 15 hyper cub scouts. The upside was that I had awesome parents/leaders to hang out with. It was a lot of fun. The boys did archery, boating, bb guns, knots, etc. I think we had too many boys in our group for the leaders to really get involved, but it was a good day. And the best part is....I don't have to think about it again for a whole year!

I am already stressing out about this week. We leave for California for Amy's wedding on Thursday morning. I still haven't made my white polka-dot shrug to go with my dress, and I haven't really done laundry for about two weeks. On top of that I have my final Wilton class on Tuesday, and I have to make a 2-layer oval cake and two batches of butter cream icing. I was going to do the shrug today, since that is kind of more a hobby than actually working (Sunday), but I ended up taking a three-hour nap with the kids instead. Probably won't be hearing from me again until after the wedding!

In closing I would like to leave something extremely positive. Spencer had his first day in nursery today, and it came off without a hitch. His teachers said he did great - he didn't cry at all, and, HALELUJAH, they didn't even bring him to me! Yay!

One last thing: this is what I want to get printed on a black t-shirt to go to the twilight movie. I swear, all I did between classes at church was talk about twilight with everyone. It is the next Harry Potter. Maybe even better. Okay, definitely better. I mean, we didn't even get to see Harry and Ginny get back together!

2 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

GOod luck this week. There is always a crunch when its time to leave town. I can't wait to see you on Saturday though!

Sarah E Boucher said...

Didn't get to see Harry and Ginny get together yet...
Don't stress, just have fun with the family and all with go well. Love you lots!