Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Price Is Right






Let me ask you all.....what do you think the asking price of one shower is? I left Spencer downstairs with the girls this morning while I took a shower, and this is what I came back down to.

I figured he was stuck in his high chair so he couldn't destroy anything or hurt himself. I don't know if you can see it too well, but the floor around his chair was COVERED with cheerios, chex, and toast crumbs. Where is the dog when you need him?


About a week ago Spencer fell on our front steps and scraped the left side of his face. I am worried he might have bad scars!


So, Sean left early this morning for his 4-day camping trip with the young men. I have been cleaning all day, and I even managed to bribe the girls into cleaning their room. They are both at a friend's house playing, and Mackenna was ecstatic that she has finally graduated to going on Emma's play dates with her. Spencer is sleeping, and I am blogging. The girls are also in swim lessons as of last Monday, and so far everything is going well there. Except that Spencer doesn't want to sit in the stroller and watch the kids swim. Come on, Squish. (That's his nickname in our family.)

Last night in my class we made Royal Icing flowers. The pink ones are apple blossoms and the purple ones are violets.


Then I just made a bunch of leaves - the final cake we do for this class is a flower basket cake. The picture of it is quiet hideous, really. It has like 10 different kinds of flowers in all different colors, with corny blue birds on it. It looks like a midsummer night's nightmare, if you ask me. So I am just going to put a bunch of roses on mine, I think. And the birds - but I changed them to purple, because I think I am going to do purple roses.

The birds are made of color flow icing. I only have two Wilton classes left and then I am done. Kind of sad. There goes my ready-made out of the house night once a week.

In closing I have included a picture of which none of you may understand the significance. However, this is the first time ever I have been able to catch all three of my monkeys actually sitting in front of the t.v. When i started to take the picture Spencer was glued also, but by the time the camera focused and the shot actually snapped 5 seconds later his attention was already waning. I have discovered that he is kind of over the baby einstein thing - and he actually likes sesame street now. That's good, b/c Sesame Street is on t.v., and those DVDs are a heck of a lot cheaper!!



One more thing: I saw this recipe on 'Everyday Italian' and finally tried it a couple days ago. They were actually REALLY good. They are like mini ham-and-egg muffin thingys. They are called Mini Frittas. I have added a "Recipes" section to the left under all the pics of my family. The links is there if anyone is interested!

2 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Oh you will miss your class. You are doing so well too! You will just have to find another hobby to try!

Beeks by the Lake said...

You'll be surprised how fast he will heal. Coleton jumped out of Grandma's high chair last year cause Tj didn't buckle him in. He ripped off the front of his nose and split it just below his nostrils all the way across right before my BILs wedding. And this year he followed his sister down our steep driveway with his chair on his back and arms in the arms of the chair. He went down face first and couldn't get his arms out. He got his nose again and his forehead. He has absolutely no scars. It's simply amazing. Boys will be boys and a few scars are okay on boys, but at this little age they heal amazingly well.