Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Other Hobby


Maybe I should write a book called that, like 'The Other Boleyn Girl". The cover could be a picture of me surrounded by all the things I like to do, looking torn. Ha, ha, ha! I have been feeling so guilty that I haven't had time to scrapbook. Between cake decorating, sewing, reading, writing, cooking, and, oh, yeah, trying to be a good mom/housekeeper/wife, I haven't really had much time for anything else! Last night after I put the kids to bed I scrapbooked, while I watched my favorite side-splittingly funny movie of all time (HITCH), and then Bridget Jones (edited, of course)! I got like 6 pages done in Kenna's baby book. Here is the 2-page spread I did of her first trip to Lake Powell:


And this is my favorite page - I haven't done any journaling or anything on there yet; I think I like the simplicity of it:


I am not a professional scrapbooker, as you can tell - I like to keep it simple. I am hoping by the time Sean gets home on Saturday to have her book done - then I can start Spencer's.


Well, we made it through our first week of swim lessons. Kenna started whining that she didn't want to go this morning; she freaks out every time her teacher dunks her in the water. I told her she wouldn't be able to go to Lake Powell w/Grandma & Grandpa if she doesn't listen to her teacher. That seemed to help somewhat.

Here is a yummy and not-too-fattening recipe for you to try if you want.

Blue Cheese Salad Wraps

1 can chicken
mayonaise
red seedless grapes
slivered or sliced almonds
blue cheese crumbles
romaine lettuce leaves, whole
wheat tortillas

*Drain canned chicken & mix mayo in to taste. Halve grapes & add to chicken. Add almonds and blue cheese crumbles (you don't need very much b/c the blue cheese flavor is so strong. I think I used about 2 T. or something). Mix well. Spoon chicken salad into lettuce leaves (2 per wrap) and wrap in a warm wheat tortilla. Yummy!

7 comments:

Dee said...

OK... so I have to stop reading your blog. It makes me feel like a lame, do-nothing person with no motivation for anything. Also, I am jealous that you get to eat out and have time to yourself on a semi-regular basis... what would that be like? ooo and friends that can see you more than once every other month... Honestly, thouh I am so impressed with all you are doing. It is fun to see all your projects and reflections of you :)
Loves -d

Steph said...

Man your good to even attempt scrapbooking, I'm all about putting pictures in a boaring old album, i know if i tried it would just be one more unfinished project bugging me. lame i know.
good job!

KickButtMommy said...

Nice scrapping! I need to get back in the swing of that myself!

katie said...

It looks like you are keeping busy while our hubby's are gone. I am SOOOO ready for them to be back. I just hate the night times. Very cute pages!

Tevita and Jodi said...

Way cute scrapbook pages. I have been meaning to tell you that I love the cakes you are doing. Hopefully by the time our kids get married you will be a pro!!!

Sarah E Boucher said...

I love all your hobbies...I am up to my neckin them but I think I will catck up this week...I hope. I tell you, it keeps you from going crazy to have something that you can call your own thing that you don't have to share with everyone. We still need to plan a movie/scrapbook day, we'll think of something for the kids to do...no worries.

Mandee said...

I have never scapbooked one page for my kids! What kind of mother does that make me??? I just hate doing it even though I know I should and will seriously regret at some point, but what do you do?