Thursday, July 3, 2008

Pretty Maids in a Row


Can anyone name the movie that is host to that one-liner up there? I know my SIL can. Anyone else? Anyway, my project the last week or so has been turning my girls holey jeans into cute skirts. I got the idea from Family Fun. Ever since Emma started preschool last year she has worn holes in each pair of new jeans halfway through the year. I have tried the iron-on patches and they just don't stay on. So I thought this was a really cute idea. If anyone wants the instructions, here is the link:
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11994

The only thing I did different was sewed them instead of using fabric glue. Here is a close-up of one:




I have to say that the following image probably accounts for at least 18% of my frequent bad moods.

I hate cleaning up after the kids eat. And if I have to make one more grilled cheese sandwich I will just run full speed into my wall. On the other hand, all my kids eat them now, so it is at least one thing they all like. This is the other reason I am so frustrated every day:

"Mommy, I'm still hungry."


Oh how I would like to squeeze them so hard that their big, beautiful eyes pop right out of their heads! Okay, okay, before anyone calls the state on me, at least we can all still laugh about it.

6 comments:

little miss shortcake said...

cute skirts!
walter was so messy that i bought him a new highchair/booster that goes in the dishwasher.

KickButtMommy said...

Darling skirts! I love them.

Crystal said...

Misty, you're crackin me up. It seems like once we get done cleanin it all up, we start the process right over again. No wonder the husband asks what I've been doing all day. I love the skirt idea. I've also taken scrap fabric and sewed it right to the bottom to make a longer skirt too.

Amy Sue said...

Ok Sis, you seriously amaze me! How am I ever going to be half the mom that you are. I am crafty with scrapbooks, but not with sewing or anything else. Oh, and by the way, I want the one on the left!

kelly l said...

cute skirt ideas. i'll have to try that with some of ella's jeans. i wish there was a cute idea like that for all 10 pair of seth's jeans that he rips a hole through every year. and i think spencer's so cute that it has to make up for all his get-in-trouble-ness. you'll just have to remind him of all the trouble he put you through when he gets older so he knows that he owes you big time. i'm thinking he must take after his dad.

Jeannie said...

When i showed this picture to Jordan she couldn't stop giggling. We need to get the kids together.