Sunday, July 13, 2008

Yard Sale Guru

So, yesterday was a pretty good day. We sold all of our baby stuff minus the crib, high chair, & pack n' play at a community yard sale and made $75. I had no idea there was some negotiating when it comes to buying/selling at a yard sale. I found myself staring incredulously at my husband as he took on the characteristics of a used-car salesman rather naturally. After the yard sale we went to Costco where, believe it or not, we actually only spent $45. That seriously NEVER happens. After we got Spencer down for his nap and the girls playing happily in the basement with their new yard sale Barbies (thanks to the Lowders) Sean taught me how to play a new game of his. He is all about board games these days - the guys in our ward have a game night usually once a month, no wives/kids allowed. I don't mind at all; I'm not too fond of the aroma of chips & salsa mixed with large amounts of unseen toxic fumes being released without preamble. Anyway, ever since he started going to game night he has been getting all these new games (thanks, Ryan Bruns). After the game we watched a movie together while we folded laundry, and after that I got a GIRLS NIGHT OUT! It was so awesome, and my hubby deserves serious props. Carissa and I went for a pedicure and then to Olive Garden for dinner. Then we went to the Mall and she introduced me to the source of her shoe fettish, Forever Young Shoes. I actually found myself picking up shoes with tall heels on them, considering, only to picture myself actually WALKING in them. I put them quietly back in their tissue-and-cardboard homes after that. After the mall we killed some time at Michaels, neither of us wanting to go home yet. It was so nice and relaxing, and of course Sean had the kids all fed, bathed, and put to bed by the time I got home around nine. Thanks, baby, you rock!

10 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Can't get too much better than that! Is Spencer out of a crib already? WOW!

KickButtMommy said...

Duh, nevermind. Just reread it.

Sarah E Boucher said...

I like Forever Young, but I love Head Over Heels...and I really like DSW. I just got a gift certificate in the mail for $10 @ DSW so I will have to go again! All I have to say is one more thing, TRY THE TALL SHOES! Do it! They make you feel so hot once you get used to them. My extra tall black peep-toes are finally liveable and oh-so-sassy!

Beeks by the Lake said...

can I sell my baby stuff at your house too? We live in the boonies on a private road and the only traffic we get are 60 -70 year olds trying to find a back road to the dam. We'd keep the crib, but most everything else can go. I sent out an email with no takers. If we adopt, the only thing I'll need to buy again are clothes and bottles. I am so jealous you sold all of that stuff!

Steph said...

Man can Sean teach Geoff about that girls night out stuff...sheesh lucky girl! congrats on the yard sale cash...Now you can make in to Arctic Circle again...I'm the devil, I know!

Crystal said...

I LOVE Forever Young!!! I'm so jealous of your Girls night out. I'm so desperately in need one of those! LOL

Mandee said...

I LOOOONG for the days when I used to have girls night out! I don't think I have had one since we moved to Rexburg. What a great husband you have!

The Jones Family said...

That sounds awesome...I'm jealous. Does you husband want to watch my kids too? :)

Matt and Abby said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! This is Abby Lawson I love your blog it is cute, I hope you don't mind if I check it from time to time!!

KickButtMommy said...

I love yard sales. There are always good finds.