Wednesday, July 2, 2008

WANTED





He is evolving into a hybrid of Stitch and Dennis the Menace. I had no clue that my sweet boy was going to turn into such a monster. He seriously reeks havoc where ever he goes, leaving a trail of destruction behind him. Here is a small glimpse of what I am talking about. It starts the minute he wakes up. He gets into my spice cupboard and pulls out whatever he can close his chubby little fingers around; I take it away, he screams. Then he gets into another cupboard and pulls out a thick glass jar - I think to myself, what's the danger there, it's too thick to break. Next thing I know he is in the entry where the tile is and I hear a shattering noise. Of course the fact that he broke it wasn't enough, then he has to try and grab the pieces and bloodies up his fat little hands. Then he climbs on the couch and manages to make it to the top of the couch where he almost falls off. I tell him no, he screams. Then he goes to the dog's water and dumps it into the dog's food. Then he climbs up to the kitchen table and manages to dump the girls' milk from breakfast all over himself and the floor. I barely make it through until his nap. All that being said, he is the cutest little devil child I have ever seen, and his scrunchy smile and the little dimple by his chin just melt my heart.

Now for some positives. Emma woke up this morning and said 'mom, what are we doing today? maybe we should make a list of all our jobs so we can stay busy.' then she made a list of the jobs i told her. she and kenna cleaned up the toys all over the basement and then cleaned their bathroom. They did their reading and earned the rest of the marbles in their jars. Then I took them to the store and they each picked out a miniature barbie from the barbie movies. The day was so good, by by the end I was yelling at them, feeling the HULK starting to rip out of my clothes. By 7:00 at night I am so tired of reffing, putting out fires, and damage control that I just totally lose it.

Yesterday my friend Carissa came over for like 4 hours and our kids played. They kept fighting and whining about what they were all doing to each other. This was our fix:



About the slideshow below, my friend Sarah met us there with 3 of her nephews. Her nephew Michael was the cutest baby, and he had the hugest crush on me. Now he is just a taller version and he is so cute I just want to squish him. Anyway, it was fun.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I love the duct tape idea. Maybe I'll have to try it out. I also love the picture of you and your girls. VERY NICE.